Tuesday, April 07, 2009

OK, so enough of the Filipino stuff. Last month I found a small lump on the side of my neck; turns out it was an enlarged nodule in my Thyroid. It was looking like some type of Cancer (could still be) but after my Thyroid uptake scan; the nodule turns out to be 'hot'. A hot nodule usually means only a 5% risk of Cancer.

So Friday the 10th both I and the Surgeon will discuss my options, however, seems most of these guys are all interested in removing things for the heck of it; for money I assume. It's unfortunate they have to risk injury or even the death of the patient for money.

Even if it's Cancer, the cure rate for that is somewhere in or near the 100% range.
So now this blog will be about what's going on with my Thyroid. After that's taken care of I'll find something else to write about. Photography and Painting have crossed my mind.

--Mike

No comments: